Hi :)
How do normal people get to see the adverts?  Are they the ones at the top and down the right-hand
side when people do a google-search?

When i see those sorts of adverts i tend to avoid clicking on them because

1.  It costs the person who put the ad there for each click made
2.  I'm wary of organisations or people buying their way to the top of the list and running some
sort of scam
So, when i see one of those sorts of ads i flick through a few pages of the google search until i
find the genuine version and then click on that if the description and url looks fairly genuine.
Without an ad i just use whatever is on the 1st or sometimes the 2nd page of a search.

As it is when i search for LibreOffice the whole of the 1st page is full of proper official links
although part-way down is a link to the wiki and at the bottom are 3 links to 3rd party download
sites (Portable Apps, CNet, FileHippo).  If i put a space between Libre and Office or drop the
capitals i get the same results and even reversing the name to "Office Libre" gives almost the same
except i then get articles and YouTube HowTos below the official pages.  Just "Office" gives me
local Post Office and furniture.

"Office Suite" gives me LibreOffice in 8th place.  AOO is 2nd, Android 3rd and 5th, Kingsoft 4th
and 7th, MSO 10th (which makes me suspect Google has somewhat learned what my ip-address googles
for).  1st, 6th and 8th place are places that weigh-up the pros-and-cons of various office suites
(1st was wikipedia).

About a year or so (maybe more like 2 years tbh) ago i did a similar assessment and was somewhat
distressed to find that MSO was ahead of LibreOffice even when specifically searching for
LibreOffice.

So, i think ads leading to the official downloads page or the home-page are fairly pointless unless
you can target what kind of searches show them.  Pointless only because hard work has paid off and
LibreOffice is number 1.

Regards from
Tom :)