LGPL/MPL (copyleft) are superior to AL (permissive) when applied to
desktop software such as office suites because they are definitely able
to attract more volunteer developers and probably more companies, and a
larger hackers community is able to develop more features and solve a
higher number of regressions and bugs.

History tells that the only company attracted by permissive licenses
when applied to office suites is IBM, although IBM - in the case of AOO
- is not investing a large enough amount of money to sustain the growth
of the software, given that the permissive license is not attracting
volunteer developers (with a few exceptions).

By the way, I personally do not like permissive licenses, and find the
term "permissive" a clear marketing spin. When asked about permissive
licenses, I prefer to use the term "predatory", because they allow
corporations to predate the work of volunteers.

But this is just a personal opinion, and I am not a developer but just
an old marketer.