Hi Naruhiko,
On 30/12/2012 19:07, Naruhiko Ogasawara wrote:
Hi Sophie, all,

Thanks for comment to Japanese community work :)

You're welcome :) I know your group is doing a lot of marketing and
meetings, it's really great to see how you are active.

Just to let you know about the Japanese page on FB here :
https://www.facebook.com/LibreofficeStudyJapan
From my (poor) Japanese understanding, it's about meetings on
LibreOffice study currently in Kanto, Kansai and Kyushu.
Anybody from the Japanese group to talk a bit more about it?

Yes, your understanding is perfect!

Thanks a lot :)

This FB group is META group to discuss how we can start,
continue or manage the LibreOffice offline meetings in each
places.
It's very young, limited target group, but I hope it helps
people who want to do something about LibreOffice meetings
in Japan.

I'm sure it will, it's a very good idea.

And we have another group "LibreOffice (日本語)" :
https://www.facebook.com/LibreOfficeJa

Its more famous, widely used FB group in Japan.
We use the group to share the news, topics or something
interest about LibreOffice in Japanese. currently 184 ppl
likes it.

well 185 now ;)

To be honest, our core community members mostly likes ML
or Twitter than FB, but we know FB is powerful tool to
reach many casual (non-geek) users that's why we care
the group.

And you're right, any media that can help us to gather people is
welcome. But the Japanese group is far from the French one for example,
I didn't meet enough people to open a FB page, or a G+ or even a twitter
account.

Naruhiko, don't hesitate to report here what you're are doing, your
initiatives or anything you're putting in place. It's very interesting
for all of us and help us to learn how to put the same things in place
in our own language.

Thanks again,

Thanks to you and your community for the great investment in LibreOffice.
Kind regards
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier@documentfoundation.org>