I think the matter is interesting.

In Monachium of Bayern (Germany) people said that calls to the help desk fell from about 70 to
about 46  (per day or month, I don't remember exactly) when they removed proprietary software from
their 15,000  desktops, fucking one of the main arguments of Microsoft.

Another interesting matter was told in Rovereto (Italy) when they adopted LibreOffice instead of
Microsoft:  "proprietary software provides for sure a higher quality, but do we really need all
that quality?" (and to pay for, I would add).  It happens always even with smartphones or so:
people buy things bigger than they need.

http://www.datamation.com/applications/how-libreoffice-writer-tops-ms-word-12-features-1.html

Microsoft reports some speech or comments from some experts / professionals, but the list of cases
of succesful adoption of LibreOffice is much longer.

For sure, to say that Microsoft is a marketing champion enterprise.

I mostly hate 2 things of Microsoft (thinking of Office in particular).  first is the lock-in of
platform, software and data:  no office for linux, no access to linux partitions and use of open
data (if the docx format is open data I am mr Obama  - would write better in english).  Second:
they change slowly the data format every time they produce a new software version, giving consumers
the wrong idea that every version is revolutionary and a must have (it means still that in offices,
schools, public institutions people spend money for unneeded new software versions).  Where I work
they have 300 desktops with different versions of microsoft office, with people complaining all the
time that what works on a computer doesn't work on another.  I am trying to convince them to use
free software to solve the problem...  i will talk them again after holidays....