Sorry, hit enter and the mail was gone, so continuing:

You can put a pop up on first install saying "do you want us to update
automatically" or not, something like this.

But we're also talking about Cloud Computing now, and the truth is,
LibreOffice is ages behind it... And you know very well that there is a big
advantage to Cloud Computing : You don't have to make an update to get it,
the service is being upgraded by someone else, just like with Google Docs.
We need that kind of "simple way to go".

And for the last "security" part : isn't a last version supposed to be more
secure than an old one? What you say sound so weird, and yes, we make
mistakes, like pretty every software editor, and yet, the option is here...

Oh, and about being arrogant and better-knowing : Actually Marc, in this
case, we know better than the average user. And this is not us being
arrogant, this is us taking responsibility for the fact that we're building
an Office Suite that is going to be used by millions of users, and that for
the most part, as builders, we know how it is built and what can be best
for them with the feedback from the community.

If you see arrogance in every decision-making, don't be surprised not to
move forward ;).

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Florian Monfort <florian.monfort@gmail.com