Hi Jay,

This is what we've got already...

--
Florian Monfort
Marketing Apprentice at Red Hat
Marketing Team at The Document Foundation
Student at France Business School
+33 6 58 97 15 61
florian.monfort@gmail.com
On Dec 28, 2012 3:54 PM, "Jay Lozier" <jslozier@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12/28/2012 06:19 AM, Jean Weber wrote:

I assume that a "silent update" needs to download itself. If anything
attempts to download to my computer without my permission, I am not
happy when I find out about it, which I will. My usual reaction is to
delete the offending software and not use it again.

--Jean

I think the best practice is to notify the user there is an update with
the option to install immediately or later. The check is automatic but the
install is still user controlled. Also, this is more of an issue with
Windows boxes and I do not know about Macs. Linux users can often set up a
repository or use their official repository for updates.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Florian Monfort