Le 2012-12-21 06:38, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

Can someone point to a rationale about having a logo for the community
that would be different from the logo we use everyday? We have two
logos. One which can only be used with explicit written permission (the
one with the TDF subline) and one that has more convenient terms. The
notion that there should be a different logo used by the community is
troubling for at least two reasons:
1. the community is LibreOffice which is the community which is
LibreOffice... :-)
2. marketing-wise we are pushing the branding forward, raising its
awareness and do not want the brand to be diluted (esp. with unclear
needs such as this one).

Thanks,
Charles.

We should also get Italo's opinion on this as well, and, make a note of the decision so that we do not go over it again.

A lot of the confusion is that the community and community-product -> "LibreOffice Suite" share the same logo. We may need to differentiate the two if we are to promote both. As you suggested, the "page icon with surrounding people-figures" may need some work if we were to develop a logo for the community.

Perhaps a combination of the formal logo (with subline) and the suggested community-page-icon[1]? This would allow us a recognized brand with two flavours -- community as well as product. If we were to adopt this as our community logo, we would then have the following breakdown in logos:

1. Community logo
* with TDF subline for official use
* without TDF subline for unofficial use

2. Product logo
* with TDF subline for official use
* without TDF subline for unofficial use

3. We would also have the LibreOffice "page" icon brand that, IMO, we should also defend/protect against abuse. The page icon is the base for many of our icon design development. We should develop brand recognition for this as well.

So far the LibreOffice logo has been pushed more for the product than the community. The proposed community logo[1] would be close enough to the "up-to-now product logo" to gain quick brand recognition. Maybe we should not mess around with the "up-to-now" product logo brand recognition and develop a community logo in tandem with the product logo.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] www.parentreprise.com/images/LibreOffice/CommunityLogoProposalMarcDec2012.pdf

--