I think the foundation can use another instrument (similarly as the ubuntu developers and barak
obama) to involve people in the project.  I saw (and posted) suggestions which should be collected
and may be useful ti the developers.  I also remember that the health administration of my region
stated once:  "yes, we will use free software, but we still need proprietary software"; like to say
that free software doesn't have some features we need. The idea is that the document foundation
should have somewhere (in the internet site, internet blog, wiki or social network) a public page
to allow people     posting their suggestions (or issues) or voting for the ones posted by other
people.  Not the bugs, but new features that people would insert LibreOffice.
I think it should be like a pool working about like this.  a page with a list of issues or subjects
where you can vote for one (which you think is important)  with a few limitations (like just one
vote for each issue from each ip address to avoid cheating).  otherwise you can send a message or
email message with the proposal of a new issue or suggestion (a first filter to avoid duplicates
and to insert simply voices like eg 'automatic names for text documents instead of noname' or  'dwg
data import filer'   instead of  'hi, my name is...  i would like to have...').
At the end developers would find a list like:  'most voted suggestions:  a) cappuccino - 200 votes;
 b) coffee - 180 votes;   c) black coffee - 160 votes'   and so on.   It means a concise and unique
 list of suggestions to consider and work on.
Maybe adding the author of a suggestion could be useful, being that LO is officially used in
important institutions (e.g. the french government and important universities), which could require
special features, but is not necessary.