Hi Charles (inline comments),

Sorry I missed the call ...

Le 2012-12-13 13:07, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

Participants: Charles-H. Schulz, Drew Jensen, Italo Vignoli, Fridolin.

* Marketing Strategy set up and action items
- quick recap of the Berlin marketing strategy workshop

As some of us could not attend the Berlin marketing strategy workshop, could you please give us a quick summary of what was decided/discussed at the workshop? I believe you had mentioned that there were no minutes taken, but it would be nice to still have some kind of record of what was discussed or decided. My apologies if this has already appeared on this list.

- basic idea is to turn the marketing team into an information broker
inside the community and outside it.
- action item: draft a monthly newsletter of the activity in every
corner of the LibreOffce project, connect with people: Fridolin
volunteers to lead this, needs some help.
- action item: social networks (Facebook page + G+ community) are
turning into massive influx of fans, users that need to be turned into
contributors (at least some of them) Charles needs to report on Facebook
ad and activity.

- we need a team who helps put a nice online page (on the website) about
the ten most proeminent features for each major release . Some are doing
this but the marketing team does not help -needs to take the active lead
here.

... ahem ... I will take some credit for the marketing team for having participated at putting the webpage up (last 3 major versions at least).

* 4.0 launch preparations:
- Italo explains the general philosophy of the 4.0 launch: the rebasing,
the major release with major changes, code cleanups, etc.
- need to run a set of developers' interviews on this technological
changes. We need volunteers to help drive these interviews.

FYI, I have been approaching developers for interviews on our blog. The response from the devs have not been great, but this is a work in progress -- my impression is that many developers feel a little shy at discussing their work on the code. Perhaps this points to the nature of the general fragmented structure of the dev team where devs tend to pick coding projects that please them.

Instead, my suggestion would be to interview lead developers-designers-QA for this. The lead developers would have more of a larger view of the direction of the coding of v.4, which IMO, would be far more interesting for a "splashy" marketing piece.

The marketing team could come up with a series of interview questions to help focus the interview content. Time to do this is already growing short.

Anything I've forget? Please let me know.

Best,

--
Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com