Dear LibreOffice teams,

My apologies if you have already got my message (below) - I tried sending it a few days ago, but only seem to have succeeded in subscribing to mailing lists!

From my message below, you can see I believe it is essential that the LibreOffice main icon be replaced by one that aids in the recognition and identity of LibreOffice, which I believe the current one icon fails to do. From some of the messages I've seen since subscribing (especially marketing), it now seems to me that it is crucial that the icon is replaced. I would suggest that the following are essential requirements of the main icon for LibreOffice:

  a) colourful and eye-catching, i.e. an attractive "wrapper".
  b) equals (or at least hints at) the sophistication of the program.
  c) something that aids with  "brand" recognition.

I'm sure it is (and will continue to be) an uphill struggle to achieve the recognition that Apache OpenOffice has automatically inherited from its predecessor. Without an icon that helps to achieve this, I could see a day when LibreOffice disappears into obscurity, and that would be a great pity. It wouldn't be the first time a great product has failed, not because it was unworthy, but it didn't have the recognition (and therefore the following) necessary to carry it forward.

Best regards,
     Alistair Bain
Kingswells Computercraft
Aberdeen, Scotland