On 10/14/2012 10:11 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
I would like to suggest to prepare kits for under-serviced regions where LibreOffice has not made any inroads. The kits could contain the following (localized (language) versions where applicable):

* banners for booth (2 banners, one for the back wall and one for a side wall)
* one retractable banner
* table cloth
* SWAG (whatever we can get at a reasonable cost at the time of purchase)
* 2-3 printed copies of "Get Started with LibreOffice" with promotional cards detailing where to purchase copies on-line * LibreOffice DVD's (50 localized copies) and ability to burn any other additional copies with the help of a booth-computer.

Have I missed any other "booth" supplies?

We could seed under-serviced areas with these kits, but, pick strategic locations to well-attended conferences to start the seeding. We could then ask the local LibreOffice reps manning the booth to put out a "donation jar" to help fund more local kits that would be sent to other local conferences where it could mushroom out from there.

If this sounds reasonable then, we would only have to cost out an approximate value to this proposal.

How does this sound?

Cheers,

Marc

Could there be more online material thatcan be downloaded and printer locally?

Create a list of materials - with their files links - in one place that will be all that a local promoter needs? The current marketing site does not have what is needed.

Banners - several sizes - for hanging on wall, table, and a sign-stand.
SWAG - well if there is a company that offers a good price on limited quantities, that would be great.
Promotional cards for LO and where to buy the books
DVDs - like what the NA-DVD project has created would be nice for localized events. Brochures - like Drew created for the NA-DVD project are always needed for booths.

"Official" LO shirts - polo-style for the boot personnel would make them look more professional.

I wonder if there would be an ability to sell some of the LO books at such events.

If a local person, like me, could be able to download the files and get them printed locally, and order the shirt and SWAG items for himself/herself, that would be great. Providing the funds to create these items for local events that would help promote LO would be great as well.

I know that, even in a smaller community area where I live, we have different "events" where a booth to display LO might work. These are not "software events" but ones that the community tends to go to. Then there are the events for community businesses. Having a booth at one of those promoting LO might get them to start to think about LO for their business, or at least for their homes.