Hi Cor, *,

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl> wrote:
Christian Lohmaier wrote (19-02-12 16:33)

despite some details not being perfect,

What details are on the list, currently Christian, as far as you are
concerned ?

I dislike that changing even one of the parameters (like switching
from rpm to deb, or switching from en-US to another language) means
going through the whole three-step process (select platform, select
language, select version).

I also don't really like moving away from the download page for this
(an the selection pages are not really sexy either) - I'd prefer if it
would be an overlay/in-page-selection instead of separate page loads.
Not sure whether you remember the demo I did on pumbaa a while back
(the one with the animations on change of one of the values).

Another item is the version selection/presenting of the different
versions - the whole thing about .0 releases and conservative users
being better served with the old release/one of the following bugfix
releases.

I'm also not entirely sure on whether it is really good to hide the
second-level navigation as it is initially planned - I find it nice to
be able to access the features page of the old release without having
to switch the version on the download page. But I did not made my mind
up on how to deal with that really/where to put the pages instead.

On the implementation side, I'd somewhat prefer if the related pages
were not flagged by hijacking meta-tags, but rather use a dedicated
control within the CMS-backend instead. But that's a minor thing
really, users don't ever see meta tags..

Even lower end: the code uses (semi) raw sql queries, and doesn't
really make use of silverstripe's datamodel - but I didn't look into
those really  - it is just a first-sight impression without giving it
a deeper look, after all it does its job :-) (thanks once again to
Anders)

ciao
Christian