________________________________
From: Luiz Carlos <lcoluiggi@gmail.com>
To: marketing@libreoffice.org
Sent: Wed, 8 June, 2011 14:07:26
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Media Contacts for TDF

Hi,

Em 08-06-2011 09:53, Italo Vignoli escreveu:
On 6/8/11 2:06 PM, Luiz Carlos wrote:

The names are listed in Media Contacts are those who respond officially
to the press by TDF? What are the duties of this people?

We are the appointed spokespersons for TDF, although myself, Florian
(especially for German speaking countries) and Charles (especially for
French speaking countries) have handled most media requests so far.
The list has been decided last September after the entire SC has been
media trained. We are currently planning to have a media training
session at the LibreOffice Conference in Paris, to have more skilled
people for media interviews (although official spokespersons will have
to be appointed by the Board of Directors, and we should always have
at least one person proficient in handling media relations, because of
the level of exposure of TDF vs the media).
In fact, this is a caution that the TDF should have. But, as I said in
another message, I wish Brazil had more than one representative "trained."

Regards

Luiz Oliveira

Hi :)
I don't know how this is all going to work and there are likely to be changes
after the elections anyway.  Perhaps the named person could be a Team Leader
delegating some of the work to other agreed people.  In co-operatives that i
have worked in the SC would need to be voted-in first.  Then the SC would
delegate areas of responsibility to various groups such as "Marketing" and
decide how people would be elected or appointed within those groups.  Ideally
(imo) the groups would be allowed to choose a suitable way for themselves
(within reason).  Initially groups would communicate with SC about what area
they need to be in control of and which they only need to communicate with.  For
example they might decide that the Design sub-group is better under a different
group's control but is a sub-group they might want to have a few members in so
that communications are smoother.  There are a lot of issues here that might
change until TDF settle on something that works more smoothly.

Regards from
Tom :)