Hi Marc,

Marc Paré wrote on 2011-05-12 14.59:
During the last confcall, we discussed having a monthly newsletter
highlighting our accomplishments and news items related to LibreOffice
marketing activities. Drew has graciously agreed to help out with this.

thanks to both of you for your help, much appreciated!

Following the lead from the Documentation Team, there was also an
attempt on my part to see if there was any interest in creating a blog
site for our team. If there is an interest in maintaining a blog could
we have a show of hands as to how many would be willing to help
contribute to the blog? Always best if there are many contributors as
this creates buzz around our product.

In the meantime, I have created a blog site on the Wordpress site[1]
where the Documentation Foundation and the new LibreOffice Documentation
Team blogs are located.

I tried it back in OpenOffice.org times, and after two years, except the fantastic contributions from Gabriel Gurley, I was the only publisher, so I decided to stop the blog. If we maintain a marketing blog, it must be actively contributed to, otherwise it will shed a bad light on our marketing efforts. ;-) So, if we find enough contributors, that would be great! I surely can write something from time to time, but don't count me in as regular blogger for the moment, as I am rather busy these days.

What we can always easily set-up is a marketing planet, so we combine blogs from our marketeers at http://planet.documentfoundation.org/marketing

For the SC blog (blog.documentfoundation.org), we use WordPress.com as a hosted service, which I can recommend.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108