Hi everyone

I did a quick search of some of the abbreviated forms of LibreOffice and found that many, if not most, are already in usage or "reserved" by some web entities. During one of our conversations, Florian mused that perhaps the "LibOCon" term could be mistaken to mean "Library of Congress". After checking on the Internet, I have found that this has in fact never been used anywhere. So this would leave us with a clear advantage in claiming the use of the word "LibOCon" as our own to mean "LibreOffice Conference". This would then be demonstrable is our accepted adoption of the term as well as in usage. (Which I am doing at this moment.)

So, to make a long story short, I propose that we make free use of the "LibOCon" term (short form use for LibreOffice Conference) to show that we do accept it as a usable term in our membership.

In the meantime, I have also reserved the "http://www.libOCon.com"; domain which now points temporarily to the "http://www.LibreOffice.org"; site until we get a LibreOffice Conference site/pages built or until I am sent nameserver changes for the domain. I just thought it would be best to be proactive with this. I have also registered the .net/.org/.ca as well and have them pointing temporarily to my website.

We can now use these for the project or not. Feel free to comment.

Cheers

Marc