2011/5/11 Charles-H. Schulz <charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org>

Paulo,

Good morning, Charles,

This is just a comment from my side as you keep asking a question that
I feel I had answered before, but you believe I haven't, so let me
answer to the question again. It's about your question on the North
American LibreOffice DVD team and website and the Brazilian one.

Take a look at the two website. The NA LibreOffice DVD team has a
website that is focused on a DVD project, that encompasses multiple
languages. It is not a traditional "native-language" team, to use the
OOo parlance, and it does not try to even harbour the full TDF / LO
colours and logos. The NA DVD team has formed and debated here, on this
mailing lists and on others (website and discuss); they did this in the
open for everyone to see, the SC knew about (or could not ignore it as
it was happening here), and they were generally very delicate about
trademarks, using of terms, etc.

Ok. I understand that, BUT, in my point of view, this issue was about the
domain itself and not about the content in it.
There are two different situations here, but the problem is the same: the
use of TDF brand in the domains name outside TDF structure. I won't insist
in this matter anymore, ok?

Look: I don't want to fight anymore, we shall solve this matter right now,
or I quit. I am wasting much time here, and TDF nor Libreoffice pay my
bills. I should remind you I am a *volunteer* here, trying to show you that
we are doing our job, and you are questioning our behavior based on partial
evidences. And, yes, I think someone must have told you about that "behind
the scenes", because your claims began to arrise a few days after we have
done some changes in directions up here. Those are the same people who could
question us about that decision, or remind us to talk to you before we do
that, but they prefered to do things in another way, puting you and us into
a battle. I think you were involved into a fight you could solve in a
different way.

I think with a little piece of good will from both of us, this unpleasant
situation can be reverted, BUT, I will not admit we were doing something
extremely wrong. Maybe we had made some decisions that were mistaken because
of the lack of contributors in some areas, including those who could
question the decision of using libreoffice brand in the domain name. But
again: you could question us in a different manner, and we would be happy to
fix our mistakes, as we have already done. You have to notice that we are
abruptly switching many of our contents and mailing lists right now, harming
a lot of contributors and users, because of YOUR requests. This harm is much
more deeper for us than the harm for TDF of waiting a little more time to
request the ownership and the redirection of that domains. But it is being
done because of your urgency and your distrust on us. You could also have
requested us a schedule for this to be done, but you prefered to force us
into a extreme situation.

That's OK. It doesn't matter anymore. It's done.

I hope you understand the difference better now. Also, I would like, as
another general comment, to remind you and everyone that Claudio is
also part of the core team of TDF. I am surprised that he hasn't been
more active on this particular topic. That's just my feeling, perhaps
I'm wrong. TDF does not take sides, were it between ALTA and Colibre.
Frankly we can't, we shouldn't, we won't. It's not our job. The
situation is what it is, it's unfortunate, but we want to deal with the
Brazilian community as a whole. It's a very tempting for you or others,
to think TDF will take sides, even "secretly". What TDF wants is to
work and help the community work, that's it. We're not interested in
local fightings, and should I need to write it again, the Brazilian
community is most welcome here. It is your home.

I am also surprised about the lack of participation of Olivier in this
discussion. Claudio has his own personal problems and I can't speak for him.
And, in fact, it seems there's only me in here, trying to show you what was
happening and I am NOT a TDF member. Even other Brazilian TDF members aren't
here. There are you, TDF founders, and me, an ordinary contributor. I say
again: I am just a *volunteer* who loves to contribute to Libreoffice. I am
NOT looking for a job or a good political position in the "core" team, or in
my community. In fact, as I have stated before, I am wasting much more time
here than I have to dedicate to LibreOffice. From now on I will rethink my
personal priorities.

What you have requested is taking place, I suppose you will be satisfied,
won't you? I tryied to access libreoffice.org.br and it is still pointing to
our old website. I will request Claudio to switch it to
pt-br.libreoffice.org and that's my final contribution on this matter. I
don't have the ownership nor admin control on it, so I will not reply any
other question about that. Please refer to the domain owners. It rests the
issue about the transfer of the domain ownership to someone else. We can
help to find a trusted atourney or stablished NGO to do this role. You know
what we think about that and we expect you take our considerations in your
decision. Otherwise, you will see a lot of very good Brazilian volunteer
contributors jumping out the boat, certainly.

If you garantee us you will hear our community before taking any decision
about "officialities" and "representatives", which are really of our
interest, I am about to end our discussion about "hiden conversations" and
"backstage decisions". We want things clear and there are some things we
still don't understand clearly. But I think we can discuss them in another
ocasion in an smoother atmosphere.

I apologize any rude response I had given to you or anyone else. That's my
nature not to get anything I think is unfair and say nothing. I am a kind of
combative person also. But I repeat: nothing I said here is personal. I was
simply defending our community's point of view.

Best,

Kind regards and success for you all.

 Charles.

--