Hi drew, *,

drew schrieb:
On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 18:01 +0200, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
Erich Christian schrieb:
Am 30.04.2011 15:32, schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
drew schrieb:

[..]

Subsiteadmins were not able to apoint new publishers or new
subsiteadmin collegues due to lack of "security" section acces.

I expected that to be intended and fixed it now.
But probably this is subject to a public discussion and I shouldn't
have done so?

Just reading that and first thought it sounds reasonable, to me, that
for a sub-site those with publishing rights could assign same to
others - but perhaps even more 'right' is that they at least be able
to assign author roles as needed.

For the LibreOffice-Box CMS we only have 3 permission levels for the
moment:

- admins:
  control all :o))

- subsite admins:
  control site structure, control granting permissions (including
  further collegues)

- publishers:
  control content

If not shure having done well, Publishers can ask other publishers for
review before publishing.

We estimated this to be enough bureaucracy as long as no further
requirements occur.

I could see were there may be more authors vs publishers for a
sub-site. (perhaps they already can, as I have not checked)

No "authors only" so far.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich