On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 14:01 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-04-23 06:36, Marc Paré a écrit :
With the designing of different marketing materials for LibreOffice, I
have created a wiki page listing the "Third Party Logos" weblinks[1]
that you may want to include on your new designs. These include:

* ODF logos
* PDF logos
* SVG logos
* CC (Creative Commons) logos
* LGPL logos
* W3C Conformance logo (I don't think LibreOffice qualifies for this yet
-- accessibility logo)

The link also shows on the "Conference Kit" wiki page[2]

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Third_Party_Logos
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/ConferenceKit

Just to keep all of this in perspective.

I created the page to make it easier for anyone needing to add the most
likely 3rd icons to marketing pages -- these links make it easier to
find the icons. On one of the discussion threads, it was commented that
one of these, the SVG icon license, seemed to be too restrictive and
that someone should contact the SVG group in order to clarify the
license permissions that accompanied it.

Just to clarify - the only issue is with packaging - use on a web page
is specifically covered on the W3C site and does not require any contact
with them for non-profits as long as one complies with the attribution
requirements. I didn't look at the wiki page yet, if the link to the W3C
page on this isn't there I'll add it later.

Thanks

Drew

I then modified and added a
temporary warning message until the SVG licensing issues could be
cleared up -- after which, the warning message would be removed. Drew
also suggested that perhaps a member of the SC could take up the task to
contact the SVG group to clear up the issues.

Nothing else was intended other than to make it easier for all to find
and make use of these as needed and in all security of licensing
restrictions with respect to these icons.

So, in order to finally clear all of this up, who would like to contact
the SVG group to clear this up? I also believe that an SC member should
be contacting the group so the the SVG group be made aware of their
"seemingly" restrictive license. Perhaps we are reading too much into
their license or perhaps they just need to modify their license and make
it a little more restrictive. We need to review all the licenses one
last time just to make sure that our use fall within their licensing
permissions.

I'm sorry if this somehow seemed to be about any other issues. It wasn't
meant to be anything other than that of the above.

Cheers

Marc