On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 00:41 -0400, drew wrote:
On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 22:00 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
Hi Bernhard

Le 2011-04-24 19:02, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi Marc, all,

Marc Paré schrieb:
With the designing of different marketing materials for LibreOffice, I
have created a wiki page listing the "Third Party Logos" weblinks[1]
that you may want to include on your new designs.These include:

* ODF logos
* PDF logos
* SVG logos
* CC (Creative Commons) logos
* LGPL logos
* W3C Conformance logo (I don't think LibreOffice qualifies for this yet
-- accessibility logo)

As already mentioned in our thread about the DVD cover design on the
design list, some of these logos are licensed in a way that doesn't
allow us to use them in every case.

Could you or anybody else find out the licenses for the logos - and add
a notice to the wiki page [1] to have a close look at the logo licenses
on the linked pages until we don't have the license information on our
wiki page?

Best regards

Bernhard

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Third_Party_Logos

Completely agree and we should also keep to the agreed steps in the
creation/design of any materials, that these are cleared by the
LibreOffice design team before put to use.

I have updated the page with the following:

"This page lists third party (downloadable) logos that may be necessary
for some marketing materials. NOTE: before adding any of these logos on
any material, their license information should be considered and
confirmed. Some of these licenses may be restrictive and must be
observed. REMINDER: all designs must be confirmed and usage confirmed by
the LibreOffice design team."

Hi,

Sorry, but I cant agree to that. The Design team is not the arbiter of
all and every effort by and all and every person on this project.

Hi,

I should expand on that - I would like the design team to be a resource
for the different groups/teams that will be working on specific items. I
would also expect it to continue generating guidelines, recommendations
or published best practices if you will.

I would not be in favor it acting as a mandated certification body.

Hopefully that is a bit more explanatory as to my thinking.

Thanks again for all the work you putting in,

Drew