On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 19:22 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
On 03/11/2011 07:04 PM, drew wrote:

http://www.ithaca.edu/edtechday/

21st Educational Technology Day at Ithaca College
      USA Ithaca, NY
      2011-03-24
      one day

Educational Technology Day is a regional technology event that attracts
over 1,600 people annually from the upstate New York region. It features
local and national vendors such as Adobe, Apple, Dell, Epson, Hewlett
Packard, Microsoft and many others. -- Mostly tech vendors but
LibreOffice could perhaps make an appearance there. Targetted audience:
higher education and K-12 teachers.

First I've heard of it - looking at the list of speakers, there is a
talk from a Google emp, regarding google docs. Looking at the showcase
(expo floor) google, orcle and Ithaca free Software.

I just saw it on the Events page on the TDF "wiki" pages.

yup - I don't see that anyone notified the mailing list - that is a good
habit after updating the wiki page, lest it becomes lost.

Ah, that last one looked good, so going to their website:
http://ithacafreesoftware.org/

I see they advocate OpenOffice.org.

Yes, since they started with OOo, maybe now they will go with the better
package.

Also - looking deeper, the guys actually manning the table at the event
are coming, according to the ithacafreesoftware forum announcement[1],
from the NY State Ubuntu LoCo (Local) team[2].

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't giving away discs and if that is
11.04 then I wonder if LibO is already on it.

It would be nice to have this free software group a part of the N.A.
Community team

Reaching out to these other type groups would be a good thing, yes. What
else can you say on that.

or marketing group.  Since they have several college/universities in the
Ithaca area.
Cornell is a major player in status for New York State Colleges.  A lot
of major research
partners with industries at Cornell.

Actually from what I can see MSO is not the competitor any longer, not
in the USA and not in Education - it is Google Docs.

Also: too many lists to keep track of
This list, marketing @ libo is the international list, I doubt anyone in
Poland is concerned with an edu tech day in upstate NY NY, so please in
the future keep this to the US marketing list.

Yes the European groups might be a little too far away, but I thought
the TDF groups might have an opinion on "supporting" local team[s] going
to that event.

Right!

Take care,

Drew