Le 2011-02-14 12:39, Marc Paré a écrit :
I am throwing out this suggestion in another form to see what people think.

Christian says that there is a Calendar module on the main website that
could be used for LibreOffice Events calendar. If we were to use the
calendar, there would be no need to erase past/closed events and we
could track/plan for events that are done on a yearly basis. For
example, the FOSDEM could be planned for the following conference date
as this could be put into the calendar.

If the calendar is used, we could then also put in the release party
events on the same calendar and hopefully, the calendar could do groups
search and we could pull release date events on a page report if we
needed one and the same for LibreOffice events.

How does this sound? Would people be in favour of the change and move
all of these events to a website based calendar.

Alternatively, we could as to see if there is a wiki based calendar
module for MediaWiki and do the same on the wiki pages.

Cheers

Marc

So, to me it sounds like a website calendar would do. Even better if there could be categorization.

Even better if there was RCSS for the calendar for people to tune in on the next event.

Should we discuss it more?

I was also looking for a location on the website for the calendar and the "About US" section would be the most logical. Besides, all other sections are pretty packed with info and adding another would make any other section look too busy.

If we move the calendar to the website, I can volunteer to keep it up to date. We would need a couple of other committed people as well. This would be a great task for those members who lurk on all mailists and who are aware of pretty well all corners of the site. They (we) could keep an eye out for any LibreOffice or any other event of importance to LibreOffice or TDF (if we wish).

Cheers

Marc