Le 2011-02-21 18:32, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
Hi Marc, *,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:
I am throwing out this suggestion in another form to see what people think.

Christian says that there is a Calendar module on the main website that
could be used for LibreOffice Events calendar.

I did create a page and added the upcoming events from the wikipage
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events here:
https://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/events/?stage=Stage (not
published, thus only accessible when logged in.

The events are of announcement-style, i.e. those that don't have a
dedicated page on the website itself.

If the calendar is used, we could then also put in the release party events
on the same calendar and hopefully, the calendar could do groups search and
we could pull release date events on a page report if we needed one and the
same for LibreOffice events.

Currently, no grouping is done, but it's possible to expand its possibilities.

How does this sound? Would people be in favour of the change and move all of
these events to a website based calendar.

Nobody has an opinion on this it seems :-))

ciao
Christian

Hi Christian:

Thanks for the events calendar on the website. Yes, there does seem to be quite some lack of interest on this topic, although, I think it is a good marketing tool that we should consider.

We have been using the wiki events calendar for a while, if you browse the other NL pages you will see that they are simply not updated and the teams need to update the material by hand and those that are being kept up to date, some of the events have been deleted and lost. These lost events, IMO, could have been used for PR and marketing planning for the following year.

Of the two methods, I would prefer the Website hosted calendar. It is more accessible to the visitors to the site and more public that the wiki pages. In my opinion, I would vote we migrate the events wiki page calendar to the website and then close the wiki page calendar. This will allow visitors a more public view of where events are being held and add a certain amount of familiarity to all -- the calendar look on the main website is more universal in look and is quite easy to use.

Unless anyone else speaks up and offers a good reason why we should keep the calendar on the wiki pages, we should move them to the website.

Cheers

Marc