Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon

Ciao Andrea,

2011/2/19 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@openoffice.org>

> On 14/02/2011 public sector wrote:
> > in my eyes the development of the projects OOo and LO hasn't much split
> yet
> > and so why aren't we using (if possible) the OOoCon for as a platform for
> > presentation and knowledge transfer. We are a fork but I don't think we
> are
> > enemies. We also have to think of the costumers the most part of the
> > presentations might be interesting for both LO and OOo Users.
>
> I was wondering the same when coming back from FOSDEM and greeting the
> volunteers who had been serving at the LibreOffice booth with "See you
> at... ?".
>
> The OOoCon 2011 organization is still in the hands of Charles Schultz
> (i.e., a TDF Steering Committee member) as far as I know; at least, he
> was taking responsibility for it at the end of OOoCon 2010 and I haven't
> seen any statement from him saying the OOoCon Paris is canceled.
>
> Moreover, OOoCon has always been a place to discuss anything related to
> OpenOffice.org in its broadest meaning (including ODF, including
> interesting presentations and even keynotes about derived products such
> as Symphony, RedOffice, Go-OO, NeoOffice, OOo4Kids...), so I don't see
> anything preventing LibreOffice from being one of the "stars" at OOoCon
> 2011.
>
> Needless to say, I know nothing about what happened at CeBit; but
> sharing a booth at a fair seems a totally different issue than the
> annual family gathering.
>
> Regards,
> Andrea.

You were at FOSDEM? Too bad I didn't see you there. Well, since we're at it
and you asked the question:
There will be no OOoCON in Paris in 2011, at least none that I would be
organizing. And please remember that I no longer have any role in the OOo
project.

I do not believe that LibreOffice is one out of many others in the OOo
derivatives. But we may disagree here :-) In any case, we're working
towards having a LibreOffice Conference in 2011 in Paris. Hope to see you
there!

Best,
Charles.