Le 2011-02-16 08:04, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :
The one is short, but the longer one has more info in it.

But these articles are one of the first ones I have seen that
looks like some one else now believes that Oracle has dropped
the ball on their version. I like the fact that in such a short time,
while LibreOffice people were working on re-coding the core of
the suite to get rid of the legacy code that causes upgrade and
maintenance problems, they still "found the time" to produce a
better 3.3 version than OOo did. LibreOffice went to RC4, while
OOo went to RC10; so does it mean that LibreOffice has better
programmers, of is it due to their work to get rid of the legacy
code that gave problems to OOo's programmers?

Well, for sure we have the best programmers going around. The amount of bug fixes is amazing. All you have to do is join the dev list and lurk and you'll see that the amount of bug fixing traffic has actually increased since the start of LibreOffice. I don't think that particular list/section is ever at a standstill. I am not sure they even take time to sleep! :-) Great dev work people!

As for the demise of OOo, the general undertone in the media (Tom and I have been taking care of the LibreOffice in the Press wiki page[1]) has been that Oracle is going to have its hands full trying to keep up to the LibreOffice wave. I think at some point they, Oracle OpenOffice, will have to re-adjust their goals. IMHO, if they decide to commit to a closer ties with LibreOffice, they may end up in a clear 2nd place standing and in a very precarious position. Adopting the LibreOffice code may be its only alternative.

Cheers

Marc