Hi Marc,

thank you so much for driving this activity forward ... thus, just a few
thoughts since I also helped to shape some of the current content.

Am Samstag, den 12.02.2011, 06:25 -0500 schrieb Marc Paré:
** Disclaimer - I am a fan of the LibreOffice green **

Me too :-)

[...]
Colour Branding
We should really talk whether we should have a unified look for
marketing resources or do we leave it up to regional decisions. That is,
do all of our banners, posters, flyers, stickers etc. look the same
worldwide?

My decision would be based on the perception of the end-users ... on a
trade fair, the marketing material might "just" be an entry point to get
further information on the website, maybe downloading LibreOffice.

Consequently, we may improve the perception of our visual design
language by basing most of the marketing material on how LibreOffice and
the website looks in general. Currently, the look is rather conservative
and non-obtrusive to have a somehow "fits all" approach when offering
the software. But, this might not fit to the wishes of all of the
communities (thinking more of cultural diversity than personal taste) -
so the content might be adjusted as needed.

Here is some (maybe extreme) example of how our presentation at the
OOoCon 2008 looked like (in China):
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2008/programme/friday_1397.pdf

And a very unofficial note ;-) In the end, it is important that the team
feels comfortable with the content that has been created ... since they
do the hard work of bringing LibreOffice to the people.

[...]

Do we also want to cultivate a brand based on colour and stick to this
brand? Personally, I believe that the LibreOffice "green" would make it
undeniably recognizable everywhere we go. You would have a hard time not
being able to find the LibreOffice "green" poster in a conference hall.
If we are dealing with the various LibO applications then we would use
their particular colours of course.

Total agreement - and I think there will be further improvements
concerning the website, so we get more and more "good examples" how
things might look like.

Oh, maybe already helpful - when I worked on the Branding wiki pages, I
already tried to include some early examples in dedicated sections
"Usage Examples":
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

As I said, only some thoughts ...

Cheers,