[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon
- From: Markus Franz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 20:02:42 +0100
- To: email@example.com
Right after the anncouncement of LibreOffice and The Document Foundation, I did an interview with Thomas Krumbein for Netzwelt.de, one of the largest online IT magazines in Germany. I am regularly writing for some tech media, but mainly I'm General Partner at Sucomo, a (small) consulting agency focused on the media industry (HQ in Jena).
In the last few weeks, I kept an eye on what's going on with LibreOffice and the Document Foundation. The things that have already been achieved are great, but in my opinion there is something important still missing: We don't have anything like a LibreCon, not even discussed it. Of course, OO.org Annual Conference seems to be held in 2011, too. Also, we have the "OO.org Kongress für Wirtschaft und Verwaltung" dedicated to business and governmental users.
But so far, there is nothing dedicated to LibreOffice. So I suggest to discuss starting something like a LibreCon this year, where the community meets for discussing LibreOffice itself, the Document Foundation as well as strategic stuff like fundraising and setting up legal entities (foundation? association?). The idea of "LibreCon", however we may call it at a later stage, came to my mind because my company is not new to organizing conferences. And if the community wants it, we would be glad to help building a place for LibreOffice users, developers and partners to meet.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about having a dedicated conference for LibreOffice / TDF.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon||public sector <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice in the Press (wiki page)
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] The Libre Software Meeting (LSM or RMLL in French for Rencontres Mondiales du ,Logiciel Libre)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice in the Press (wiki page)
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Starting something like LibreCon