Hi :)

I think it is interesting that companies that are respected leaders in software
security somehow never quite create safe systems.  If they did i guess they
would be out of a job fairly quickly.

Scares about really nasty malware seem to happen just before a scheduled and
long-awaited release of some big shiny new anti-malware product.

Note how it is almost always desktop machines that have the trouble?  If you
wanted to create something to cripple the most possible users in the shortest
possible time then wouldn't you go after server machines?  Why waste the effort
on taking down a few score desktops when knocking out a few score servers could
bring down a continent?  I guess there must be some inherent weakness in desktop
systems that is almost entirely absent from servers - so much so that is makes
it better to go for the small handful.

Windows might dominate the desktop markets at the moment but it has never
managed to break into server markets.

Security experts have a vested interest in us continuing to use vulnerable
systems.

Follow the money.
Regards from
Tom :)