Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Valve Steam Windows stats.

This is great!

On Feb 1, 2011, at 9:06 PM, Dave Johnson wrote:

> According to Valve Steam (http://www.steampowered.com) The hardware survey of Windows machines have 14.63% install base of OpenOffice.org. No mention of LibreOffice... yet. Macintosh info is coming soon. We are talking over 3 million steam clients at peak network times.
>
> OpenOffice on Windows 14.63%

According to their stats, a few other programs:

Microsoft Works: 15.19%

Internet Explorer: 19.82%

iTunes: 30.73%

Microsoft Office: 57.26%

Firefox: 63.05%

If OOo is at nearly 15% and MSO is at almost 60%, the gap between the two is much smaller than most people would expect. (We have 1/4 of their install base!)

-Ben

> http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
>

> Dave Johnson, USNFR
> davefilms.us@gmail.com
> 6195496830
> http://www.davefilms.us
> http://www.libreofficedvd.info
> (619) 335-5314
> (619) 335-5314Dave Johnson DUNS number: 826989779
>
> "Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/";

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)