[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-website] Screenshots and wiki screenshot repository suggestion
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-website] Screenshots and wiki screenshot repository suggestion
- From: Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:34:34 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Hi Marc, *,
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I am just putting this out as a couple of ideas to help ease the "search for
> that missing screenshot" statement ...
> 1. I would propose we open a wiki screenshot page/repository where
> screenshots appearing on the website/documentation would be kept, all
> properly categorized and annotated so that if any of these groups need a
> copy of a screenshot they could go to the wiki screenshot repository where
> there may be a copy for them to use.
This sounds like a horrible duplication. Better to organize the
screenshots into appropriate folders in the CMS in the first place...
> This could ease the amount of doubling of work where maybe one screenshot
> has already been created for one group and could be used for the other group
> needing it. It could also be used for NL groups.
Any "repository" or "index" that must be maintained manually is
creating *lots* of double work, and is doomed to get outdated very,
very quickly, so I strongly suggest to /not/ try to setup a separate
category/listing in the wiki. Either do it automatically, or don't try
to do it.
> 2. If some member(s) were interested in specialising in taking screenshots
> for the project, they could very much work as a "screenshot production
> department" where people would put in their requests for screenshots and
> they would produce these on request.
This however would be doable of course.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] DVD label
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Design Team Kick-Off Step 2: Current Status of Work and Collaboration
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Release 19 edition of Revista BrOffice
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Design Team Kick-Off Step 2: Current Status of Work and Collaboration