Le 2011-01-28 05:13, Tom Davies a écrit :
Yes, excellent links.  Thanks :)

In Firefox you can install various different machine translator add-ons.  I
think i used "IM translate" which gave me an entire tool-bar but allowed me to
translate (badly) from hundreds of different languages into hundreds of others.
They even had a few "joke" languages of which my favourite was "skinhead" lol.
Machine translators are always really bad but they can be a good starting point
for a person that does understand the language to proof-read and make some sense
of.  A neat way of getting translations done when 2 people don't have any
language in common but are prepared to work at understanding each other but be
prepared for a lot of misunderstandings!

I would suggest only using Google Translate if you are going to make use of these. The Google translation team have come a long way in making it work ... even if it still needs refinements. If you find that there are bad translations, you can always contribute a correct version of your own and help in making the system work better. The Google Translation is a handy tool to have.

Re: add-ons. I also use GTranslate on Firefox. You highlight the text you want translated, right-click and choose the translation that you would like. Works well.

I think it would be good to also collect links of any negative press.  We (well,
David) took about 5minutes to solve something that one bad reviewer ranted on
about for about half a review.

Regards from
Tom :)

ALL reviews should be collected for marketing purposes. Ignoring them would not be good strategy. Some of the negative press will have some valid points which we can use to better the distro. One of the points that was complained about was the lack of a "java notice" that I passed on to David, which he made a note of on the "System Requirement" pages which was further corrected by Alexander Thurgood for the Mac. Yes, it only took 5 minutes and it is now one less thing for people to complain about. Works great when we all work as a team.[1]

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.website/2649