On Jan 26, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Italo Vignoli wrote:
On 1/26/11 4:30 PM, Benjamin Horst wrote:

Wonderful news! (They mentioned my name at the end of the post, so it must be due to my
submission to Boing Boing yesterday morning. Thanks to Italo, Charles, Mike and the others who
drove that PR process!)
Boing Boing has long been one of the world's most-widely read blogs, so there's no doubt it has
helped spread our message far and wide.

Hi Ben, I think you should write Cory a short thanks message, as you have been mentioned as the
source of the information (kudos). I think that we have done a good job so far, but this is only
the first piece of the story. I will summarize the results during the week end, make PDFs of the
articles and send a message to all the editors.

I will definitely send him a thank-you note!

Italo: I'll look forward to reading your summary and continuing to work with you and the team on
this project going forward.

In ten years, I haven't seen the same coverage for any version of OOo, and this means that if you
do it right and you do not overkill people at the end you hit a home run (and you get coverage).

I'm very excited at the preliminary results of our nascent work. This is quite promising.

PC World is a small hiccup. We must be prepared to see some more of them, because we must
remember that Microsoft has a lot of money and the press needs that money. I will write to the
editor explaining our point of view. In all these instances, we just need time and some patience
(and there will always be journalists on the Microsoft side, which is perfectly acceptable).

Yes, I'm not surprised by this. It is their job to fight as hard as they can for their interests,
just as it is ours to fight for our community's.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)