Hi Thomas!

It seems you are one of the very first to start working on "real" press
material - so thanks in advance for helping to fight against remaining
issues.

Am Sonntag, den 16.01.2011, 20:12 +0100 schrieb Thomas Krumbein:
Hey Christoph,

Am 16.01.2011 19:13, schrieb Christoph Noack:
[..]
Following the branding guidlines the main color for "Libre" is "Green
1", Hex 18A303, RGB 24 163 3, CMYK 85 0 98 36
When I use the cmyk values (for printing), color seems to be really
"darker" then the LibO Color (as seen in Web).

Hhm, when I made up the values, I relied on what Inkscape provides - no
there is no color space specific calculation of the CMYK values (to be
honest, it is a very simple transformation).

The calculations between RGB and CMYK is ok, it is the same as in CS.

But the ground-Color are really different. See example here:

http://www.bk-wiesbaden.de/images/Files/Workshops_Mentaltraining_2010.pdf

Sorry, I think I don't get the idea of the file. Could you please
explain a bit?

Well, Inkscape is unfortunatly not a referenz-programm for printing
(real printing, not "Consumer printing" ;-) ) - so it may be not helpful
for color-adjustment.

True, but I had to rely on what's available :-\

Concerning the printing, do you print that on a "consumer grade" printer
- then I can check as well ...

You cannot check it on "consumer grade" printer ;-)  I didn´t made a
print jet, even I do not have a referenz.

True, I just wanted to know what kind of output you used / intended to
use.

I am using Adobe CS4 - Illustrator.
When I try to open the svg-logo-file, I got an error.
When I open the png file, I can pick up the color of the "Libre" word:
Hex 25A22D, RGB 37 162 45, CMYK 79,0,100,0

Sorry for the inconvenience, did anybody else consider this problem (I
know that some of you do also use AI). The source can be found here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Resources

Well, this values are really different!

When I "pick" the colors, everything is fine (Hex / RBG value in Gnome).
Do you use a color calibrated display for that - sometimes that alters
the color values picked "on" screen?

No, I do not have a real calibrated display, it is "near" calibrated,
but what is the referenz?

There is still another problem. You desided to use a "Vegur"-font as a
standard font. Unfortunatly this font does not have all nessessary
characters (f.e. no "ä", "ü", "ö", "ß") - so it is not possible to use
this font for text.
This was not a very good idea ....

Let's say, given the time and opportunity, it was okay to go with this
font (in my opinion). Thus, we knew that problems in advance, but since
it is rather "neutral", substitutes for remaining text should work well.

Here is the disclaimer:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Introduction_2

Another question - if I look at the logo, the distances between TDF
Symbol and LibreOffice text seems to be different. Did you use the
version from the branding wiki page?

Yes. Or better no. I do have a EPS-Version, I believe it was send from
Bernhard to me some month ago, because I cannot open the svg-file. This
is a inkscape-spezific svg file, adobe is not able to open it....
But: Comparing the distance in relation to the png file it is the same.

Okay, I'll send you (and Ivan, whom I CCed ... asking him to check the
files as well) updated files. It would be great if you could try the
SVGs, as well as the EPS files.

Have you ever seen your work on a Windows PC? You know, that there is a
differnz between Linux and Windows Pixel-Width?

I've seen some of the "outcome" on Windows PCs, of course.

Cheers,
Christoph