Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] official source code repository for CD distribution[was: DVD and Jewel case design]

Hi guys,

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 13:25 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
> No, it is sufficient to provide a link to the code, but this link must
> be valid for a reasonable time.

It is well worth reading the LGPLv3 in this regard;

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

Section 6. covers this - and yes; it should be adequate to point at the
git repositories at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/

though it is clearly preferable to distribute the source code on the
media as well; since that ends your section 6. liability.

> Due to server capacities I don't know if TDF will be able to provide
> such continuously reachable links to every version of LibreOffice, but
> this should be discussed by the SC (CC'ing the SC-discuss list).

Freedesktop has been around for a long time, and I expect it to
continue for the forseeable future.

> For DVD with enough space on the disc it is easier to include the
> sources IMHO.

Completely agreed.

HTH,

Michael.