[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Re: Events calendar and usage
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Events calendar and usage
- From: Marc Paré <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 02:46:47 -0500
- To: email@example.com
Le 2011-01-03 19:27, Marc Paré a écrit :
Le 2011-01-03 15:10, Cor Nouws a écrit :
I think it helps planning. And is just good to see what happens
everywhere. If it were for inspiration alone.
But I think it will not work to ask people to work on two calendars.
As long as it does not grow too much, I would propose to have it all on
Maybe we end up with a section for each year after some time?
I guess it would be better if there were a dedicated calendar with
categories (in this case language groups) for it. That way groups could
just input their date and the history of past conferences and meets
would be taken care of by the calendar.
IMO, the events calendar would show how active a group we are if we have
an extensive network of conferences and workshop representatives going
to these. The "feet on the ground" are a great asset to any
organisation. The impression to visitors to our events calendar would be
I am not sure if the wiki provides some kind of calendar extension that
we could test. Would anyone know? I believe that most CMS' would be able
to accommodate this.
I don't know if it would be possible to install a calendar extension on MediaWiki. There seems to be a few options. This would help in organising events and archiving events for later look-ups.
Does anyone have any experience with using a calendar module on MediaWiki?
Alternatively, if there is a decent calendar for the LibreOffice.org site, we could move the events calendar there. It would be great if it could categorise so that native language groups could have their own calendars.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/marketing/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-marketing] Events calendar and usage||Marc Paré <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Events calendar and usage||Cor Nouws <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-marketing] Re: Events calendar and usage||Marc Paré <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Quick reference cards and Desktop Reference Card suggestion (idea)
- Next by Date: Re: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Free & Libre are bad "selling points"
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Events calendar and usage
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]