[libreoffice-marketing] Re: [Fwd: [libreoffice-documentation] Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3]

Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote,

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/getting-started-with-libreoffice-33/14423050

>> All profits from the sale of this book will go to The Document
>> Foundation.
>>
>> Huge thanks to Hal Parker for doing the work of compiling the book
>> ready for publication.

> Sounds like a great contribution to LibO. Could we include this in one
> of our official blogs? It would make more sense to have it on a blog
> and critique it. Maybe ask Hal Parker for a free copy? One of our
> documentation team members could have a look and write up a short
> critique.
>
> Marc

My note yesterday (quoted above) may have left an incorrect impression.
This book was compiled from the chapters on this page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

(also available from this page:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/

ODT and PDF of the full book are not yet linked to from the libreoffice
get-help page, but they are available from the wiki page.

Hal put the book together from those chapters, but Ron Faile did most of
the work of converting the OpenOffice.org book to LibreOffice, and
others helped with proofreading. It's a product of the LibreOffice
Documentation Team.

Friends of OpenDocument is an Australia-based organisation formed in
2005 to promote the OpenDocument format.
http://friendsofopendocument.org/

(I need to update the info on that website, and start blogging there
again, if I can ever find the time.)

Our main work to date has been to publish printed copies of the
OpenOffice.org user guides (produced by OOoAuthors) and some other
books, as well as keeping a bank account to handle money from sales and
distribute that money to the individuals or groups who write the books.
Later on, if/when The Document Foundation wishes to do its own
printed-copy publishing, that's fine with us.

Jean