Le 2010-11-21 06:19, Michael Wheatland a écrit :

I have created a workflow summary from the information gathered from
this thread.
In addition to this we can build a 'exhibition system' which would
allow people outside of the design team to see examples of projects
that the design team have completed, but that is the next step, we
need to build the groundwork first.

See the design workflow summary here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal/Design

Your workflow looks good from a "closed circle" point of view. My only problem with it is that it should also show the original point of entry from the outside, which would be the SC. The SC would establish the criteria/required target. I imagine that this would be at the "Required Target" stage.

The "Other Design" (resource recycling) in my mind should really point to the "Requested" box as the requests may also pick from the "other designs and send them off to the "Working design". At this point, everything is "fair game".

I would put a "Membership Design Submissions" box pointing to the "Requested" box. This is the entry point for all submissions. In essence, all related submissions, whether by Membership; outside groups; Brainstorm; Other Design, all of these should find their entry point into the loop at the "Requested" box. After this the designs will go through the workflow process.

You can see what I mean here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Suggetedworkflowedit2.png

It's a little messy, but, hey, I am not an artist. :-)

I also think that at some point some of the design projects will have to be put on lockdown/isolation until the final product is unveiled at the appropriate time. I think that Italo has raised similar points on these threads re: the need for discretion at particular points of the design/marketing process.

Can you please make any comments regarding the appropriateness of the
workflow and project states. Any additional functionality of the
Request-Develop-Feedback-Approve-Launch sequence and inputs and
outputs to the system should be built now.
I hope this satisfies all those designers out there who are hungry for
a taste of what is to come.

My questions:
Should we also allow people to post unauthorised design resources
(Only within the design group) as design ideas?

IMO, yes. We are always looking to adding to our membership. There is nothing better than feeling that you are contributing.

Marc