Le 2010-11-10 13:16, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :
Hi Marc,

Le 09/11/10 20:01, Marc Paré a écrit :

Thanks Alex. Just for information, are you willing to help out with the
legal aspects of the branding of LibO? It would really be handy if you
could. We are often a little naive when proposing some of these things
such as icons, mascot etc. We would definitely need some one talented in
this domain.

Yes, with the caveat that I can not possibly know each and every law of
each and every country in which LibreOffice is going to be deployed ;-),
but where I can help out, I shall try. Bear in mind that the US and, to
a certain extent, even Canada, have different implementations and
legal/legal policy viewpoints with regard to IP. It would be difficult
for me to give advice about those aspects, and indeed, could be
considered as illegal practice of law in those countries. This is
probably one of the reasons why there are so few attorneys active in
general in opensource projects (other than their general dislike of pro
bono work), except to express themselves in very general terms or with
respect to a particular territory.

Alex

Thanks Alex. It is still nice to have your input from a legal point of view. We would at the very least get a "heads up" notice from you if we start treading on thin ice.

Thanks for the help. Jump in whenever you think we may be nearing a danger point from a legal point of view.

Marc