Hi Christoph, all,

thanks for the description of the necessities for the moment and further development. They are very important and highly appreciated!

Christoph Noack schrieb:
Hi all,

[...]
As you may know, it is planned to release the last beta version within
the next week [1]. From that time, only stabilization will take place
and and no major changes will be made. This also has impact on the
branding material (splash screen, about box, icons, ...) that is
required very soon. Moreover, people start to work on "the real" CMS
system for the website and are already doing presentations.

So my proposal is the following:
       * For LibO 3.3: Use the branding material what is available and
         refine it according to the feedback that is available until now.
         We might be able to provide essential and stable information for
         the other teams (artwork, presentation material, portable LibO
         version). -->  let's call that "initial branding"

Even if I'd like to see different mimetype icons in the final release than the OOo3.2.0 icons, I don't think we can create some in the short timeframe, if we want to avoid lower quality.

We'll have to tell our users about the planned update of the graphics, but at least we provide colors...

       * From LibO 3.3. to 3.4: Finalize the branding stuff for "initial
         branding" and further refine it (e.g. create missing MIME icons
         etc.) and use it for the software. More important, start working
         on the "community branding" (e.g. brainstorming, community
         values, demos, agreement, ...).

This version should contain the final mimetype icons IMHO, even if they would rather be part of the "community branding" for LibO 3.5. But I don't want to release another version with the "old" icons - and don't see a reason to create an interim branding set of icons for just one release.

       * After LibO 3.5: Use the "community branding" and for both the
         software and also for the web presence etc.

What do you think? We may ask the TDF Steering Committee to decide on
that to make this somehow official.

+1

Best regards

Bernhard