Hi Florian,

Monfort Florian schrieb:
Le mardi 02 novembre 2010 à 09:53 +0100, Dr. Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
Hi Italo, all,

Italo Vignoli wrote:
[...]
In Europe community roles are quite clear, and - as I said - I do not
need to state in my signature that I am a volunteer for OOo because all
my stakeholders already know my position (when you are described as Mr
TDF I do not think you need additional recognitions).

At fairs it turns out quite handy if you can hand over a business card even if you
don't have an official representing position as you, Italo.

In these cases I like to have a business card with with official branding, but clearly
stating that I'm not an official representative, but just a community member.

> From time to time this approach allows an easy switch from discussing the product
to information about the community and invitation to join...

Best regards

Bernhard

I confirm what Italo said.

Italo said, he doesn't need to add any role to his signature because all people he's talking to know his role.

In Europe all people that I know working for
a marketing department or who has a marketing role, as representative or
just member, use a branding signature to make sur of their status from
the people they talk to.

This is exactly the opposite from what Italo said.

The problem with our marketing is, that there are no official roles defined except Italo and Florian as members of the Steering Committee handling marketing and communications. [1]

Telling our interlocutors that we are members of the LibO community helps a lot, even if this is no official role or title.

As long as there are no official roles defined, we should say clearly that we *don't speak on behalf of* TDF or LibreOffice, but we approach them *as members of* the community.

Definition of "Community member" becomes more and more important, so we should find a way to have an official list on the website (or on the wiki with locked content) stating their names and contributions.

Until the bylaws are finished, we might consider an interim solution like approval by two TDF founding members (already listed on the website) or five already approved community members with a possibility to withdraw membership by the SC.

As an exemple there is :

Sorry - no example here...

Could you please describe it in plain text or upload what you had included in your mail and link to it?

Best regards

Bernhard