Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibO in Business

> > Of course, improving features and UX are musts, but adoption is totally
> > connected to awareness.
> >

> I think the largest hold back is the adoption of the Oasis document
> formats.

i a manner of speaking yes -

> If the opendoc formats were accepted then there would be fair
> competition. We will have some influence in marketing and if our
> approach is coordinated we could probably get a little more of LibO
> penetration in N. America.
>
> We just need to keep in mind that it is not just Libo that we are
> advocating but also the Oasis formats.

Complete - perhaps - agreement.

IMO the problem today could be stated as:
An overwhelming number of existing files exist in non-standard formats.

So one - advance the use of:
- Honest well documented and recognized file (data in general) formats.
- a particular standard, ODF.

The efforts should express strong commitment to, support of and
advancement of the ODF, from a marketing perspective I would say that
could be (should be IMO) 100% across the board. I would be hard pressed
to see producing some marketing item for LibreOffice or TDF that did
have some reference to ODF. Depending on the use or the item, the
audience intended, which specific subject is more prominent would
certainly change, Libo - ODF, TDF - Libo - ODF... yes?

Anyway - my thought on that at the moment, for whatever it's worth.

Best wishes,

Drew