Le 2010-10-24 21:25, David Nelson a écrit :
Hi, :-)

I mentioned this idea in another thread but did not see any conclusive
broaching the subject in a dedicated thread...

A project's logo and a software's icons (to represent Calc, Write,
etc.) are among the most prominent visual information that users and
potential users see.

IMHO, LibO could maybe benefit from the creativeness of one of the
talented graphic artists working the Web. For instance, Everaldo
Coelho is one name that comes to mind
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/commons:Crystal_Clear).

I'm suggesting that one could invite one or more of them to provide
logo and icon artwork.

For example, maybe they could create something like a new Tux. Linux's
Tux is a friendly, endearing character that projects an image of
approachability and ease of use. Such an animated little character can
play a very useful role in communications. So I'd suggest the creation
of a "living" mascot, which could be named LibO...

Such a mascot could make a great ambassador for the project, that can
easily be turned into derivative images
and animations.

I'd be delighted to make contact with artists on the project's behalf,
if I got a clear go-ahead.

If your responses are encouraging, I'd throw the idea on the table at
the ConfCall later today. Thoughts about this?

Original discussion:

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 08:35, Bernhard Dippold