Le 2010-10-15 14:19, Drew Jensen a écrit :
  if you know of some events in Canada, point
them out to me! We can all help out.

Yes - and vice versa.

Also, generating collateral really just puts more items into the
community chest doesn't it.

Actually speaking of helping each other - I'm looking for someone
willing to speak at a LUG regarding LibreOffice in Detroit, MI...last I
checked that is pretty much on the Canadian border?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Drew

Yes, however, I am just re-recovering from back surgery and am not too too mobile yet. Learning how to walk again and more nasty stuff.

But, yes, there's a case where we could share speakers who could jump the border and help out. BTW ... Florian said to go ahead and add to the events calendar even if there is no speaker. At least it will show that there is some US_CA planning going on. We can fill out the presenter's name if/once we find one. His message below:

==========================

Hi Marc,

Marc Paré wrote on 2010-10-14 23.19:

> Would it be permissible to add events to the Events calendar with other
> events where there should be LibO representation? These events would not
> necessarily have a designated representatives at the point of posting on
> the calendar. We could then make arrangements to fill in the names of
> people who could be available to attend these events (maybe with some
> resources).
>
> We could use the Wiki/Events calendar as the "master" world-calendar of
> events. Community members would then be able to view the calendar and
> organise representation at these events.

you mean, besides the list of events where we will attend, a list where we should attend?

Sure, feel free, go on! Just take care that the events where we need people are marked accordingly, so it's not mixed up ;)

Thanks,
Florian