Hi Marc, *

Marc Paré schrieb:
[...]
Maybe a temporary solution would be a blend of both, something like
discuss@us_ca.libreoffice.org .

Please don't add temporary lists.

I'd like to see all the mails archived, so we would need to keep these lists (even if they are set inactive when creating the final ones).

So I'd prefer marketing@us.libreoffice for the moment and marketing@ca.libreoffice later on, when Canadians see the need for their own list.

I'm based in Austria, where not really much marketing has been done in the past. It's quite a similar situation with Germany here, so I personally would discuss local marketing topics on the de-lists.

But I'm aware of the difference in size and distances between these two examples (it's quite easy to move from the utmost part of Austria to Germany in about 4 or 5 hours by car).

So it's up to you - especially the Canadians - if you want to start working on the marketing@us.libreoffice.org list.

Again, here, due to the few Canadians on
the list, the US members would take the lead and we (not sure how many,
will try to organize with a future plan on separating to our own
respective lists: discuss@us.libreoffice.org and
iscuss@ca.libreoffice.org.

Especially in regions where one country is not respected as independent entity by another (like Macedonia) focusing on language was a great advantage for the OOo community.

Naming the local marketing lists "discuss" might lead to avoidable problems.

Just my 2 cent...

Best regards

Bernhard