Hi, :-)

<Butt-in from end user>

1) There's a great opportunity for offering premium paid support
Canonical style.
Me, I'm a very happy Ubuntu user because Canonical's successful
commercial-plus-community-supported Linux gives me a superb free
platform, with the reassurance that if I ever run into a big problem
that I can't fix through googling and forum trawling then paid support
will certainly give me a solution. Yet even though Canonical offers
paid support, the community support is pretty good.

I'd warmly encourage you to look at a similar model.

2) I watched the video, and I wonder what's the age of those comments
about OOo. I work daily with clients using MS Office and have fairly
few problems regarding MS/OOo file conversions. And I know things will
continue to improve with time.

3) It's true that, for me, one thing lacking in LibO is the quick
macro recording you can do in MS Word. And, in connection with that is
the lack of ability to search/replace things like paragraph marks, tab
marks and such special characters.
(I'll file a feature request about this.)

4) Plus MS Office 2010 has a nice makeover in the UI. Although I'm
sure that you have ideas mulling about that.

I am certain that you'll be working on those things, and that upcoming
versions of LibO are going to be exciting.

More power and all the best to the project. :-)

</Butt-in from end user>

David Nelson