On 10/12/2010 07:39 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

Trying to get some structure in, so any advice welcome.

ISO 639-3 language code, then .libreoffice.org:  These are used for
localization projects.

ISO 3166-2 country code, then .then libreoffice.org: These are used for
marketing projects.

discuss@nz.libreoffice.org would discuss marketing in New Zealand.
discuss@mri.libreoffice.org would discuss Māori localization issues.

discuss@glv.libreoffice.org would discuss Manx localization issues.
discuss@im.libreoffice.org would discuss marketing in the Isle of Manx.

I realize that there are some edge cases with this approach.  For example:
discuss@str.libreoffice.org would discuss Straits Salish localization
issues.
discuss@shl.libreoffice.org would discuss Southern Puget Sound Salish
localization issues.
discuss@ca.libreoffice.org for marketing Straits Salish in the Pacific
Northwest.
discuss@us.libreoffice.org for discuss marketing Southern Puget Sound
Salish in the Pacific Northwest.
or
discuss@wa.us.libreoffice.org for marketing Southern Puget Sound Salish
discuss@bc.ca.libreoffice.org for marketing Straits Salish.

Using the assigned ISO numbers, rather than letters would be more
language and country neutral.

Note: I'm using Straits Salish and Southern Puget Sound Salish as
examples. I don't know if there are enough users of either language, to
be able to provide either a UI, or documentation in either language.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address.
It all gets forwarded to /dev/null