[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-marketing] Google Translate of "LibreOffice" marketing project?
- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] Google Translate of "LibreOffice" marketing project?
- From: Marc Paré <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:20:14 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I left a note today re: this on the LibO discussion list:
For those still concerned with the pronunciation of Libre Office in their particular language, you may want to try the Google translate and hear the result in a Google styled playback of the word.
I have found that Google deals with the pronunciation better if you separate the words -- "Libre Office" rather than the whole word. You can find the site here:
Note that the best way to use the resource is to use the main large box on the left with the "Libre Office" in it.
Also note that the English pronunciation is actually quite good! :-)
As a marketing/branding tool we could send a note to Google and have them correct the translation of "LibreOffice" to remain the same for all language translations but also update the localised sound files for the pronunciation of the name.
Does this sound like something we could tackle?
Great publicity for people looking for a sound file of the LibreOffice name!
To unsubscribe, e-mail to email@example.com
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/marketing/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Support from Turkish Linux Users Association and OOo community
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice getting traction ... OpenOffice losing out
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] Support from Turkish Linux Users Association and OOo community
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice getting traction ... OpenOffice losing out