Hi Boudi, nice to hear from you!

On 26.11.21 09:39, Clocked Modular wrote:

Am I wrong when I conclude that Python is widely adopted by the new
programmers crowd?

Python is certainly popular amongst beginner programmers, yes!

And if I'm not, is it then not wise to focus more on Python?
I suggest to make Python the standard for LO-scripting. Keep Basic only for
legacy reasons, and define a phaseout timeline.

I guess this is more of a technical matter than a marketing one, and bear in mind that we're a volunteer-driven, community project (with limited resources). We can set "timelines" -- but nothing will happen unless people step up and volunteer to do the work, of course :-)

You've probably seen that the wiki has various resources on using Python, eg:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide/Introduction

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Macros/Python_Guide/My_first_macro

If this is something you're passionate about, let's make it happen! You might want to bring this topic up on the development mailing list:

Technical decisions are made by the Engineering Steering Committee:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ESC

If there are things missing in LibreOffice's Python support (compared to Basic), then a good way to get things moving would be to plug those gaps. We just need more help, as mentioned :-)

Cheers!
Mike