Hi all! :)

We constantly get spam on our telegram groups, especially the larger ones. So we are discussing to bring some anti-spam measures to remedy this via telegram bots.

In short, I propose to add a simple new-joiner verifier bot at first. It will just verify new-joiners without interfering messages from the present members. If user doesn't verify himself/herself with a simpel reply in time, he/she will be kicked out of the group. And new joiners will not be able to send anything other than plain text messages for the first 24 hours. More over, it can greet new-comers with a custom welcome message. It is completely reversible, and we can fine-tune or replace it at any time.

Please feel free to head to the test group to see it in action: https://t.me/joinchat/E0IDnBjmzkCx3mWYgqPOPQ

And please feel free to join us in the Marketing telegram channel to follow the discussion/status or give input about the topic: https://t.me/LibreOfficeMarketing

(The discussion originally started in the Documentation telegram group, with major involvement also by Emiliano Vavassori and Dennis Roczek. Because it was lengthy, and in a free-format talk form, I couldn't include in here. You may head to the Documentation group, and start reading from "Maybe we should add an anti-spam bot here.": https://t.me/joinchat/CVgtjA3dR0WEXM4Y5ihnZA)

Best,
Muhammet