Le 20-08-21 à 09 h 56, Nigel Verity a écrit :
Hi Mike

These are all great ideas. I think, though, it's important to take a
step back first and consider how LibreOffice must appear to a young
and/or relatively inexperienced potential contributor.

It's a huge and complex application. Getting to grips with the code is
a daunting prospect, even for someone like me who's been coding off and
on for over 30 years. For the newcomer, I can well imagine their feeling
they couldn't possibly make a useful contribution. Consequently, it is
surely essential to highlight right from the start all the many ways
that people can contribute beyond coding, and how "start small" is the
way everybody gets involved. Perhaps the videos from experienced
contributors can emphasise the important role that even small
contributions can play in developing and supporting the project.

Cheers

Nige

And also organize some type of mentorship programme? I also agree that
jumping in may seem daunting to some young coders and contributors. They
may need some handholding to help them at the beginning.

Having clear workflows also help a lot.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com