I've prepared poll for Polish LibreOffice users - I got 30 answers, not a lot, but it’s new fanbase
and it shows us a little about comunnity in Poland.
Most interesting results:
1. 93,3% use LibreOffice at home, 53,3% at work!
2. Over 80% rates LibreOffice more than 8 (in scale 1-10; 1=bad, 10=best)
3. 90% use LibreOffice for more than 5 years and love it's free software.
4. 40% of people avoid open document formats because:
- Others have trouble reading them.
- Because of other people who have to open such a document
- At work, I need the greatest possible compatibility with MS Office
- If I'm supposed to share this somewhere, people look at it and they don't know what it is.
- At work, I can't always. Someone's asking me for a different format.
- to be compatible with other office packages
- Because I need them to be compatible with other offices
- I use Libre to open files created on other programs
- because sometimes I send documents "outside" and I'm afraid other users will have a problem with
- Due to the requirements of the manager
- Sometimes I have to send a file to people using only MS Office
4. Most of people wants to hear more tips and support in Polish language. There is lack of
localized documentation and basic tutorials for modern versions of LibreOffice. I work a little
with translating documentation, I'm going to prepare site which can be accessed directly from
LibreOffice -> Help -> User Guide. In LO with polish langpack it used to lead to page not found
error, now blank site is ready to be filled, will add some stuff there:
I attach link to anwers and results (note: in polish), I have no idea how to translate whole site
for you to English.
Pozdrawiam / Regards
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
- [libreoffice-marketing] Polish community poll results · Marcin Popko
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy